Advertisement

Readers like you keep news free for everyone.

More than 5,000 readers have already pitched in to keep free access to The Journal.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can help keep paywalls away.

Support us today
Not now

#lion's mane

# lions-mane - All time

Warning lifted as lion mane jellyfish no longer present at popular Dublin swimming spot
# Sandycove
# Sandycove

Warning lifted as lion mane jellyfish no longer present at popular Dublin swimming spot

Updated Jun 14th 2019, 6:08 PM 30,598 Views 32 Comments

The sting of lion’s mane jellyfish can cause nausea, vomiting and respiratory distress.

There's been an increase in jellyfish sightings on Irish beaches - here's what to do if you see one
# Man O'war
# Man O'war

There's been an increase in jellyfish sightings on Irish beaches - here's what to do if you see one

Oct 10th 2017, 6:20 AM 19,665 Views 9 Comments

“If a child starts poking them they’re likely to get stung,” John Leech of the Irish Water Safety said.

One of the world's biggest jellyfish has been spotted in Irish waters - but don't pee on it if you get stung
# The Trouble Urine
# The Trouble Urine

One of the world's biggest jellyfish has been spotted in Irish waters - but don't pee on it if you get stung

Aug 15th 2016, 7:24 PM 65,823 Views 31 Comments

“As long as we’re careful, they need not be a danger.”

Dublin Ironman organisers 'monitoring' presence of dangerous jellyfish in Sandycove
# Lion's Mane
# Lion's Mane

Dublin Ironman organisers 'monitoring' presence of dangerous jellyfish in Sandycove

Aug 11th 2016, 10:28 PM 24,859 Views 23 Comments

The sting of lion’s mane jellyfish can cause nausea, vomiting and respiratory distress.

Heading to the beach? A new warning has been issued over this jellyfish
# Lion's Mane
# Lion's Mane

Heading to the beach? A new warning has been issued over this jellyfish

Jul 19th 2016, 6:05 AM 43,276 Views 24 Comments

Meanwhile, new statistics show that 122 people died from drowning last year.

Tourists urged to take care swimming after boy dies from box jellyfish sting in Thailand
# Warning
# Warning

Tourists urged to take care swimming after boy dies from box jellyfish sting in Thailand

Aug 26th 2014, 8:10 AM 13,228 Views 8 Comments

Hotels have been told to prepare emergency kits for jellyfish stings.